Who We Are
We’re Kurve Kiosks, a high-growth new business focused on shaping the future of self-serve solutions across kiosk, online and mobile for the hospitality sector.
Founded by EPOS industry experts, our goal is to make the process of ordering food a simply awesome experience. We’ve grown strongly during some of the most difficult trading times and now count some of the coolest hospitality companies as our customers and now we’re scaling-up for the next period of rapid growth!
We provide innovative technology that enables personalised experiences and allows our customers to transform their operations, creating a market-leading brand experience.
Who We Need
As part of that growth, we’re looking for a junior to mid-level engineer who can join our team and play a pivotal role in bringing a new product to market. Your role will be to build customer-facing software in Android and cloud services as well as supporting infrastructure in PHP for our new Kiosk product. The software you write will be used in retail outlets across the country giving you an exciting opportunity to build fast, robust and user-friendly software at scale.
You will report directly to the Head of Development and work alongside our operations team and designers.
Qualifications & Experience
- Software engineering-related degree
- Minimum 1 year in PHP, SQL, NodeJS and general web dev technologies (CSS/JS, etc)
- Experience in Android development (preferably Java)
- Experience in Service-Oriented architecture
- Experience with Cloud providers (preferably Google Cloud)
- MySQL, CakePHP
- Great communication skills with the ability to explain issues clearly
- Pragmatism and Creativity
- Accurate, with high attention to detail
- Open and friendly personality
- Ability to remain calm and problem-solve under small team pressure
You will be based out of our Bristol offices with your initial task to understand our technology, and to get to know your teammates.
- Analyse software requirements
- Design and build with scalability and reliability in mind
- Be aware of the product release timeline
- Refactor and improve the performance of existing code
- Follow and contribute to software development processes and standards
We understand that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so we are offering a competitive salary and 25 days holiday a year + 8 Bank holiday days. (with the option to carry 3 days over).
How to Apply
To apply, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and anything else you think we need to know.